Tax for Individuals
Most individuals would benefit from regular tax planning advice, but for individuals with their own business or those with significant earnings or wealth, it is essential to ensure that you not only pay the right amount of tax, but also minimise your tax liability as far as possible.
The legislation in relation to personal taxes has become more and more complex over recent years with more individuals involved in owning their own business, rental properties, complex investments or undertaking more aggressive tax planning.
Wisteria is a firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers. We provide high quality and specialist tax advice in all areas of personal taxation. As a business regulated by the Chartered Institute of Taxation, this ensures that our staff are providing relevant and up to date advice, backed by regular training and professional development.
In addition, most tax planning work requires a review of numerous taxes at one time and so having specialist knowledge is key to achieving the optimal tax position.
Wisteria’s tax services for individuals include:
- Preparation of Self Assessment tax returns
- Dealing with personal income tax enquiries and investigations
- Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) advice
- Advice for non-domiciled individuals
- Capital gains tax advice, particularly in relation to the sale of your business or investment assets
- Inheritance tax planning and reviews
- Dealing with previously undisclosed income
- Working with financial advisers to ensure you have an optimal tax and investment strategy
- Preparation of partnership tax returns for small businesses and professional partnerships
- Providing a complete management position for financially established older people
Wisteria’s tax department offers a proactive service, where we will attempt to review your tax position on a regular basis to highlight potential opportunities as early as possible, thereby making the most of every opportunity.