Dealing with the death of a family member or friend can be a difficult time. Wisteria understand the difficulties and aim to take away any stress, confusion or worry caused by the process of dealing with the estate. The rules and legalities are complex, but our job is to keep things as clear and straightforward as possible.
Dealing with the estate of an individual can often create a number of challenges, which Wisteria’s experienced team can assist with. As such, in most probate cases, it is no longer necessary to involve a lawyer at all. This means dealing with only one service provider, and often saving a significant amount of time and money.
Wisteria have experience working with estates in many situations, including:
- Where inheritance tax is payable, including looking at ways to reduce the exposure for the future.
- Individuals who die intestate (without a valid Will).
- Estates where the individual owned property in the UK or abroad.
- Individuals with significant investment portfolios.
- Implementing deeds of variation.
- Individuals with no identifiable beneficiaries.
- Estates with significant on-going income.
- Estates containing a business where a disposal may be necessary.
- Individuals who die with outstanding or undeclared tax issues.
- Acting as the appointed executor or administrator.
- Individuals who are terminally ill so called “deathbed” planning.
In most of the above cases, our work can be completed without the assistance of a lawyer. Usually only cases where there is a challenge to the Will (so called “contentious probate”) would a lawyer also be required.
Our service ensures:
- You will always work with an individual who is both a qualified probate and tax specialist, either a partner or manager. This gives you the knowledge that both legal and tax issues will be picked up and dealt with appropriately, as well as the surety that you are working with a trained, ethical and respectful professional.
- You receive a personal approach. We offer a service out of our London office, but will visit you at a location to suit you, plus you have a direct line to the team dealing with your affairs.
- You have the knowledge that our staff are fully trained and experienced, plus the company is regulated and fully insured far beyond minimum requirements.
- Our fees and costs are clear from the start. Our fees for probate service are offered on an hourly rate or percentage of the estate. Fixed fees are also available in many circumstances.